10 Aug 2026Lead
The Plan Netanyahu Rejected on Camera Had Already Been Bent to Israel’s Sequencing Six Days Earlier
On Sunday Benjamin Netanyahu told his cabinet, on camera, that Israel rejects the Board of Peace’s 15-point Gaza document and that the army will not leave until Hamas is disarmed. Nineteen Western and Israeli headlines read that as a break with Washington. Hours later the Board of Peace’s own envoy, Nickolay Mladenov, told Channel 12 that nobody is required to do anything, “last of all, Israel,” before verified steps on the ground. The document Netanyahu rejected had already moved his way on 3 August, after he met Mladenov in West Jerusalem.